Monday, September 07, 2009

Technical Difficulties: Asking for Support

I have just arrived at the Osage Arts Community (OAC) this labor day weekend, all set and eager for a three month residency. This morning I woke to beautiful fog-covered hills and an enormous dew-jeweled spiderweb. I went outside to take a photograph to share these amazing sights and to use the images as references for future works, only to discover my camera would not work! I spent most of the morning researching into the problem to learn that the cost of fixing it would be almost, if not more (with the added cost of shipping), as much as a new camera. I was in agony thinking there was so much wonderful sights to share with you, as well as knowing I could not take images of my artwork for this blog and my website. I knew I would be disappointed if I did not have a camera during these three months at the residency, but worse, it was to realize that not having a camera at all would be extraordinarily challenging for so many other aspects of my art career.

So further hours into research led me to a good quality, no frills, but adequate refurbished Canon digital camera for just under $200.00. It is here where I ask for your assistance. I am at this residency on very little income and need to stretch every available dollar I have. I would be most and forever grateful for any support you may be able to offer in raising the $200.00. I have placed the order and have 30 days to collect the money. Your donation, no matter what amount would go far to help me. Until I can get the camera, I am afraid my blog will look quite empty! If you enjoy my work or believe in supporting the arts or the work I am trying to do, might you consider a small donation?

You can donate by clicking on the Fractured Atlas icon below, or if you prefer to donate by check or money order, please contact me at doanart@gmail.com for more information.

I truly and gratefully appreciate your support in all the forms they manifest!

DoAn

Donate now!

DoAn Art is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions in behalf of DoAn Art may be made payable to Fractured Atlas and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.

All artwork and text © Copyright 2005-2009 DoAn Art (Antony Galbraith) unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Antony Galbraith.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...