Friday, September 11, 2009

Rainbow Birds: Indigo & Violet


This painting is the last of a series developed from an experiment with pouring paint. I came up with the idea while watching the birds at the feeder outside my window. I noticed one day that the feeder attracted birds of all the colors of the rainbow. I thought, how amazingly beautiful nature is! I completed a series of individual studies of each of the birds, drawn and painted to scale of the actual birds, then worked at a composition featuring them all together. This piece features an Indigo Bunting and a Purple Martin. Next, I will work on assembling the individual paintings into one long piece! These paintings are great for anyone who loves birds and the beauty of nature! The series can make a great set of greeting cards. You can view print and greeting card options here: Rainbow Birds: Indigo & Violet

Thank you to all who donated toward the purchased of a replacement digital camera. Because of your generosity I not only was able to collect the full amount, but I was also able to get a $25 bonus that one of the donors pledged if I was able to collect all $189.98. Your show of support for my art making has really inspired me beyond any expectations I may have had. Thank you very much!


DoAn
Subscribe in a reader

Donate now!
DoAn Art is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the purposes of DoAn Art must be made payable to Fractured Atlas and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. 


All artwork and text © Copyright 2005-2009 DoAn Art (Antony Galbraith) unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Antony Galbraith.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...