Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Art of Lian Xin!

Things have been busy here at DoAn Art Studio. I spent much of March experimenting with some new materials and working on the newest painting for the From Beyond the 9th Wave series, which I just finished and will be posting soon. Also, I am about half-way from finishing a new landscape painting, and about to begin some watercolor paintings on canvas! I am very excited about all the new work I will be showing in the next few weeks. Until then, I wanted to share with you a new, emerging artist who has been sharing the studio with me:



The Art of Lian Xin!

The Open Studio last Friday, March 30th went very well. Lian was very excited to meet and greet all the guests (people, dogs, and even one cat!) who came to see her work. Many people found it hard to believe that she really did the paintings, I suspect because, surprisingly, the pieces actually have a sense of composition and a very unique style. With the help of Natalie Hagar, I made a short video documenting Lian's painting process.

Because her work was so well received, I will be adding a page to DoAn Art devoted to Lian's Art. The page will have a gallery of her work and information about ordering personalized work by Lian. The paintings are made from non-toxic tempera paints on canvas boards and are sealed on the front and back with a UV-Varnish, which preserves the tempera and protects the canvas board from moisture. A picture bio appears on the back of every painting. (see image)



It is not my intention for Lian's work to be merely a novelty, but truly unique works of art that people can enjoy and appreciate! Not only are the paintings varnished to make them lasting works of art, but the paintings are very affordable, due to the low cost of the materials used to create them. If you can't make it to the studio to see Lian's art, then keep an eye out for the launch of Lian's gallery page, which will be going up this month!

DoAn & Lian Xin

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...