Thursday, April 12, 2007

Creidhne


(15 x 30, acrylic on canvas, SOLD)

The latest in the From Beyond the Ninth Wave series comes: Creidhne, (pronounced krev-nee) the God of metal working, the son of the goddess Brigid (the last painting in the series I completed) and the god Tuireann. He was one of three brothers (Creidhne, Goibhniu and Luchta) known as the Trí Dée Dána--the three gods of art. Together the three brothers forged the weapons for the Tuatha Dé Danann.

For this painting, I used an image of rusted metal. I loved the colors in the rust, and as I worked on the painting, I intesified the yellow to give the image a feeling of the precious metal gold, Creidhne's favorite metal to work with. Though not visible in this image, there is a layer of irridescent gold and metallic red glazed over the less intense sections to give the painting a subtle shimmer and feel of gold.

In other news, I am busy working on my web gallery . It is challenging work, since I am very new to web design every step is a learning process. I fully expect to have it ready this month, so keep an eye out for that!

DoAn

1 comment:

Pate said...

very nice work!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...