Saturday, April 28, 2007

Lilac Garden: Brooklyn Botanical Gardens

Lilac Garden, 36 x 36, acrylic on canvas, SOLD
After several weeks of diligent work, and a slight delay due to some virus that knocked me down, I finally completed a new landscape! This landscape comes from photos I took at the Brooklyn Botannical Society's lilac garden a few years ago. I was struck by the colors and the sunlight streaking between the lilac trees and turning the grass a brilliant yellow green. I had started this painting earlier in the year on a smaller canvas, but something wasn't connecting for me. So I put it aside and picked it back up again at the end of March, but this time started it on a large canvas. That seemed to be the solution. This painting, for me, is as much about space as it is color. I hope you enjoy it!

In regard to new work, I will be spending the month of May producing watercolor paintings on canvas and watercolor board. In addition to preparing existing work for upcoming shows and grant applications.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...