Thursday, August 17, 2006

Busy, busy, busy...

I have been very busy since the show, working on the DoAn Art logo design, as well as working on the photos of the Planets paintings to get them scanned and prepared for uploading to the web-gallery. The digital files are now in the hands of Amir, my wonderful web-designer, so those should be up on the site very soon. Additionally, due to requests of those who saw my portfolio at the show, I am currently working on uploading images of some of my older paintings (mainly watercolors and brush art) to put into a new sub-category of the web-gallery: Past Work. This is taking a little more time than I expected as the slide images and digital files are not that great and need a little tweaking (color fixing and dust fleck removal) before uploading to the gallery. I promise to have those up as soon as possible. Thanks so much for your patience!

My Own Private Studio!


The biggest news is that I am in the midst of moving my make-shift home studio to a new private studio location at the Pendleton Arts Center near downtown Cincinnati. No more tripping over book bags, worrying about splashing paint on my bed, or getting unremovable varnish on the floor. I will now have a space devoted entirely to producing art, and for art related business. No longer will I have to meet in cafes or restaurants or show my portfolio under too dim lighting on small cramped tables. I will now have a comfortable, well-lit space for patrons and visitors to come and view my work in person! I hope you will all come and visit me and my art in my studio sometime!

The Pendleton Art Center began as an eight story warehouse that was converted into artist's studios. Housing over 150 artists, it holds the world record for the largest collection of artists under one roof. The Pendleton Art Center has since grown and spread into neighboring buildings. My studio will be located at the 510 Studios, just across from the entrance of the Warehouse Studio entrance. On the last Friday of each month from 6:00pm to 10:00pm, the Pendleton Art Center holds Final Friday Gallery Walks where the studios open to the public, giving guests the opportunity to view creative art space, as well as purchase one-of-a-kind artwork directly from artists. Additionally, Second Look Saturday, follows Final Friday, where visitors who missed Final Friday can have the opportunity to see artist studios or take another look at art they saw the night before. The studios are open on Second Look Saturday from 12:00pm - 4:00pm.

I expect it will take me about a month to get set up and spend some much needed time working on new paintings, so I plan to hold my first open studio on Final Friday in October. The next three weeks will be devoted to breaking down my current "studio", packing, moving and setting up the new studio. I will keep you up-to-date on my progress until then, please forgive me if posting during this time is irregular. See you soon!

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...