Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Vermont Studio Center Residency: Day 1

Well, I made the long trip up to the mountains of Vermont without incident. The first day was devoted to settling in, feeling out my space and establishing a routine.

My cell phone does not work up here and my access to the Internet is quite limited, but I am actually enjoying the escape from constant connectivity. My room is sparsely furnished with a bed, desk and sitting chair. I spend the day working in my studio and the evenings reading, doing some reflective writing, and knitting. I am reading books about myth and art's role in myth making. It is great food for my painting! One of the books I am reading is When they Severed Earth From Sky by Barber & Barber. It has already gotten the wheels in my brain turning, I am sure I will have some work and thoughts to share as a result from reading the book.

Here is a picture of my studio space all set up and ready for new work to be made in. I will share my experiences and thoughts while here over the next four weeks, so check back periodically if you don't subscribe to my blog.

DoAn
Subscribe in a reader

Donate now!

DoAn Art is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the purposes of DoAn Art must be made payable to Fractured Atlas and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. 

All artwork and text © Copyright 2005-2011 DoAn Art (Antony Galbraith) unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Antony Galbraith.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...