Tuesday, September 02, 2008

So Close, Yet Not Quite There: The Importance of Community

Limited Edition hand colored print
The Gift of Community
hand-colored print by DoAn


Please consider helping me attend the Vermont Art Center artist residency in November 2008!

As many of you may remember, I was accepted to the Vermont Studio Center residency from November 21st through December 21st this year. I was granted a partial scholarship to cover a little over half the expenses of the residency. I have since been working on raising money to cover the remaining fees and I am glad to report I only have $1000 left to collect! I appreciate the support of those who have believed in my work enough to donate and help me produce work that continues to explore nature, spirit and healing.

As an added incentive I am offering a special limited time print for donations of $100 or more. (Special offer expired)


  • The print is titled “The Gift of Community”
  • Each print is hand colored by me with artist grade colored pencils, matted and signed.
  • Once the fundraiser is over prints of this piece will no longer be available.

I believe the print speaks to how every member of a community has a role and supports each member as well as benefits all. The Honeybee is a perfect representative of this ideal. The print shows honeybees working together in their hive collecting pollen and nectar.

Attending this residency is a crucial step not only in developing my career as an artist, but also in supporting the community at large by allowing creative work to be made. Your donation will go directly toward supporting art to flourish, which, in turn, helps make our society healthier and balanced.

While at the Vermont Studio Center I will be creating paintings that relate figures from mythology to objects in nature and the cosmos. The purpose of this series is to help people see and experience the beauty and diversity of the natural world in a new way. With our misuse and neglect for the well-being of the environment and the over consumption of nature’s resources, I believe that people need to once more find respect for and appreciate the natural world, which we are not separate from but intimately connected to.

If you have enjoyed reading my blogs or benefited from the artwork and information that I have shared with you, please consider contributing. No amount is too small. However, my appreciation for your gift will be limitless!

Donations received will go toward:
  • Fees for attending the Vermont Studio Center residency
  • To support me in continuing to produce artwork that stimulates thought
  • To support my goal to produce work that is environmentally and socially aware


DoAn Art is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the purposes of DoAn Art must be made payable to Fractured Atlas and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. 



If you have any questions or concerns about donating to DoAn Art through Fractured Atlas, don't hesitate to contact me at doanart at gmail.com.

Thanks for your support! It is only like busy honeybees working together can we combine energies and resources to help everyone around us to see how fascinating and beautiful our world is and how much we need to help protect it!

DoAn
Subscribe in a reader

Donate now!

All artwork and text © Copyright 2005-2011 DoAn Art (Antony Galbraith) unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Antony Galbraith.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...