Friday, July 11, 2008

Vermont Studio Center Residency


I have been accepted into the Vermont Studio Center for a four week residency starting in November!

The Vermont Studio Center hosts 50 artists and writers who participate each month in 4 to 12 week independent studio Residencies. VSC Residents represent a mix of mediums, cultures, experience, and ages, for a diverse and vibrant community.

The VSC hosts 600 resident artists and writers from around the world, and 72 visiting artists and writers each year. During the 4 week residency I will have a private studio space to work in where I can focus on producing work without the usual daily distractions. I will also have access to a community of artists and writers to share work and ideas.

This is a tremendous opportunity for me. While at the residency, I will be working on paintings that explore our relationship to nature and spirit. I will have the time to devote myself completely to producing work, which will in turn help me contribute work for the good of society. In addition, I will have the chance to meet other established and emerging artists.

I was awarded a partial grant from VSC to help cover some of the costs. I need to come up with $1500 to cover the remaining of the expenses. I would appreciate any donations in any amount that you are willing to give to help me attend this residency. In return, you will be making a great contribution toward the future development of art for the betterment of society. You can donate by clicking on the logo:

Donate now!

DoAn Art is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the purposes of DoAn Art must be made payable to Fractured Atlas and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. 


I greatly appreciate any support you can offer!

DoAn

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...