Thursday, May 12, 2011

The New Studio

New Studio Space

The move is finally complete. The boxes unpacked.  The walls painted and most everything is in its place. Now I am working on getting back into a routine, which
also means creating again!  Settling in is a lengthy process and I am not quite back up to speed, but this week I feel closer to where I used to be in months.

One of the best aspects of moving is having a separate space devoted to my creative work once again.  It was challenging moving out of a 400 sq. ft. space devoted soley to creating my art, to working in my bedroom.  I managed, but it was difficult.  When I wanted to paint, I would have to pack up my sculpture supplies so I had space to work. When I wanted to work on sculpture, I had to pack up the painting materials. Not to mention the cramped flow of energy when working and sleeping in the same place. Now, I have a table devoted to each.  I feel like I can breathe again.  I am so grateful to some of my dedicated patrons for donating this space for me to work in.  There are not adequate words to express how much this means to me.  I hope in the coming months, the art I produce will help show my sincere thanks for having this space to work in.  Thank you both for your support!  If there really are angels in human form, I think they may be such.

Lian, studio assistant
As you can see in the image, I have my computer table for writing, maintaining my website and blogs, scanning images and editing, etc.  Beside that is my bookshelf holding reference materials, books on art business, and drawing paper. Beside the window is my taboret and drawers containing art supplies. Before the window, my painting table and beside it more drawers and my always full pot of tea.  (Today I brewed a pot of peach rooibos tea...thanks to my Sister for picking it for me!) The next table is my sculpture table, with containers of wool stored below.  Nearby, just off the image is my studio assistant, morale supporter, muse and fellow artist: Lian.  Who is doing very well, after a long adjustment period.  She has healed completely from her surgery and is happy to be snoozing away while I work!  (Thank to all of you who came together to help us through her recent emergency.  Your support, at such a stressful time, was invaluable.  We are so happy to have such great supporters!)

And thank you all for your patience as I make it through this transition time.  Such changes, as good as it is, is draining on the creative energy.  I have many projects and commissions lined up ahead and more ideas are flowing, but the energy required to work on them is slow in coming.  Little by little, it will be replenished, and I am certain with it will come many long (and joyous) hours spent in this beautiful space creating.

DoAn
Help in the creation of art, please consider donating! Just click on the link below:
Donate now!  
DoAn Art is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the purposes of DoAn Art must be made payable to Fractured Atlas and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
 
Subscribe in a reader
All artwork, photos and text © Copyright 2005-2011 DoAn Art (Antony Galbraith) unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Antony Galbraith.

2 comments:

Bea Modisett said...

So happy YOU'RE happy! I can't wait to see the work you make in this new, beautiful space!

Bea Modisett said...

Blogger ate my comment so here it is again just in case:
I am so happy YOU are happy! I can't wait to see the wonderful work you create in this beautiful space. I always look forward to your posts and I am glad you are back in VT!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...